Briyani has always been a satisfying hunger for all age groups.Â The word “Briyani” means fried before cooking. Briyani is an authentic Mughal Dish and was invented in the 16th century. But many historians believe that Biryani was mainly originated from Persia. This dish was bought in India by the Mughals. Further, this dish was developed and experimented with by the Mughals in their Mughal Kitchen. There is a popular story known to everyone related to this biryani. Being a biryani lover you should also know this story. The story says that during the wars Mumtaz Begum, wife of Mughal King Shah Jahan, once visited the army barracks, where the soldiers lived, and found the Mughal Soldiers looked undernourished as the wars were going on and the soldiers did not get enough food. Seeing this she decided to prepare food that contains a balanced diet for the soldiers. So that the soldiers could get a proper meal. She prepared a dish with meat and rice mixed up with many spices and cooked over firewood. The food was so yummy that from then this mixture of rice and meat with spices has become worldwide and is now popularly known as briyani.
Another story says that briyani was bought to India by Turks, Mongol conqueror Taimur. Nawabs of Lucknow and Nizams of Hyderabad are also known for there delightful delicacy in this food. Many also says that biryani is of South Indian origin and is derived from pulav.
Briyani is traditionally cooked over charcoal in an earthen pot, unlike in ancient times.Â There are many other ways of preparing biryani. Briyani is famous all over India and also across the globe. The main ingredient used in preparing biryani is rice, meat, and spices. Every state has there own style of preparing this dish. Every state has some specialty and uniqueness in preparing the dish and its taste is different. All the types of biryanis are equally yummy and mouthwatering.
Biriyani consists of mutton, chicken, or egg but This does not mean that the people belonging to the vegetarian community Cannot have this outstanding delicious food recipe. This biriyani consists of vegetables, panner, herbs, aromatic basmati rice, and spices. This biriyani is very easy to prepare. This biriyani makes a very hearty dish for dinner. Veg Biriyani can also be cooked in various variations. They can be cooked as Dum biriyani, Veg biriyani can also be cooked in a pressure cooker very easily. Wiki
So let us here check out the simplest and easiest way to cook Veg Biriyani
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- half cup oil
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 10 strands saffron
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 green cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 2 green chili chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- half cup cauliflower florets
- half cup peas
- half cup carrots chopped
- half cup potatoes cubed
- half cup coriander leaves chopped
- half cup mint leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon biriyani masala powder
- half cup curd
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Wash the rice and soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- Boil water in a wok and add half teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoon oil and rice.
- Cook them 80 per cent.
- Now boil the milk and keep them in a bowl and add the saffron strands to it.
- Our saffron milk is prepared.
- Now take a big wok and add oil to it.
- Next, add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and bay leaf.
- Stir them for 30 seconds.
- Now add the onions and fry them for 5 minutes on low flame till the colour turns golden brown.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Now add the vegetables one by one and cook them nicely till they get soft.
- Now add salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and biriyani masala.
- Mix them very well and cook them for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the curd and mix them nicely.
- Now add the half-cooked rice on top of the vegetables.
- Layer them by adding saffron milk on top of the rice.
- Add the ghee, mint leaves, and coriander leaves.
- Cover the lid and place them for dum for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes our veg biriyani is ready to be serve hot.
More Recipes :-