Chicken tandoori is a dish from South Asia. The main ingredient needed is chicken leg pieces marinated with yogurt and spices and then roasted. This chicken tandoori recipe is served as a starter as well as the main course. This recipe is juicy and smoky in flavor. This recipe is very popular in Indian cuisine. This recipe is served with different sauces. Tandoori chicken is named after the bell-shaped tandoor clay oven, which is used to prepare this recipe. This chicken after getting tandoor becomes red in color. This red color comes from lots of red chilies used or sometimes food color is also used. Here in this recipe, we will not use food color. We can cook this recipe on a tandoor grill. The heat used for this tandoor grill is generally generated by woodfire or charcoal. When the juice from the chicken falls into the charcoal, it generates smoke which gives the tandoori chicken a smoky flavor. We can even cook this tandoori chicken in an oven, air fryer, or stovetop. It is said that tandoori chicken was made in the Mughal Period, while others say that it was invented by Kundan Lal Gujral at Moti Mahal, in Peshawar. This recipe is very easy to cook, healthy, and even fulfills your food cravings. So here is the easiest and simple recipe to prepare Tandoori Chicken with just very few spices present at our home and the taste is just delicious and just similar to a restaurant.
- 4 pieces chicken whole chicken leg
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon tandoor masala
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seesame seeds
- Take a bowl and add the chicken to it. Cut slits on the pieces nicely.
- Now take another bowl and add the yogurt, garlic powder, ginger powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, tandoor masala, black pepper powder, lemon juice, and chili flakes to the bowl.
- Mix the spices very nicely and put the chicken pieces to it.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the spices mix very nicely.
- Keep this marinated chicken for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours brush oil to the chicken pieces and keep them on a tandoor grill for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes turn the pieces of the chicken and again brush oil to them.
- Again let them be cooked on the tandoor grill.
- Brush the oil again and again so that the chicken does not get dry.
- When the chicken looks roasted and turns red our tandoor is ready.
- Now brush some butter on the chicken and sprinkle the sesame seeds from the top. And our Chicken Tandoori is ready to be served.
Notes - Recipe Of Chicken Tandori
- Cut slits on the chicken pieces so that the spices get inside the chicken and become juicy.
- Brush the oil again and again so that the tandoori does not get dry.
- We can marinate the chicken and keep it for more long hours this makes the chicken tenderize.
- If there is no time we can even skip the marination process.
- Chicken Tandoori is served hot with mint chutney and masala onions.