An Easy, Tasty And Healthy Recipe Of Chole Palak Pulao
Pulao is an authentic recipe of rice made with lots of vegetables. Pulao is a very popular Indian Cuisine dish. In this recipe, various spices and vegetables are used.
Pulao is an authentic recipe of rice made with lots of vegetables. Pulao is a very popular Indian Cuisine dish. In this recipe, various spices and vegetables are used. This recipe is served with raita, chicken, mutton, or any other vegetable items. Using lots of vegetables makes this recipe very healthy and delicious. This recipe can be served for your lunch or dinner. Pulao is very popular among all age groups. We can see people order this item in restaurants also. Today here I am going to give you a recipe of pulao made with chickpeas. Chickpeas are highly rich in proteins. Adding chickpeas to the pulao recipe gives a nutty flavor. Here in this pulao recipe, we are going to add carrots, beans, green peas, broccoli, and lots of other spices with basmati rice. Basmati rice is cooked very fast. The toppings used in this recipe are coriander leaves, cashews, raisins, and almonds. This pulao recipe is highly nutritious. If you are a working person then you can pack this recipe in your lunch box so that after a long work you can get a healthy lunch. This recipe does not take a longer time to cook. This is also a perfect meal for vegetarians. In this recipe, we are also going to add spinach paste that is rich in iron and folic acid. Thus we can say to this recipe is just a compact meal of all nutrients. If someone follows a diet and wants to eat just a plate of healthy food then this pulao recipe is also best for them.
All we need to do in this recipe is take a pan and coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, cardamom, mace, and bay leaves. Dry roast them on low flame and grind them properly in a grinder and make powder of the dry roasted ingredients. This is the pulao powder that we are going to use in this pulao recipe.
Next again in a pan we will add some oil and heat it. Then we will add garlic and ginger and fry them well. Then we will add the spinach leaves to the pan and saute them very nicely. You can add some green chili also. Now again take this sauteed spinach to a grinder with half a cup of water and grind them to a smooth paste. This is the nutritious spinach paste that we are going to use in this pulao recipe.
Now again we need to soak some chickpeas in water overnight and then put these soaked chickpeas in a pressure cooker with some salt and 1 cup of water. Pressure cook the chickpeas for about 4 whistles on high flame. This is the boiled chickpeas that we are going to add to this pulao recipe.
Next, we will heat a pan and add ghee to it. Then we will add slices of onions, beans, green peas, finely chopped carrots, broccoli florets, and many more vegetables of your choice to the pan and saute them very nicely. Then we will add little salt and turmeric powder to the pan and stir them well. Next, you can add the pulao masala made and the spinach paste made earlier for this recipe to the pan and mix them very well. Then we need to add the basmati rice to the pan, but before adding the basmati rice we need to soak them for 10 to 15 minutes in water beforehand. Mix the whole very nicely. Now we need to add 2 cups of water and the previously boiled chickpeas or chole to the pan. You can also add some chopped coriander leaves. Also add the cashews, almonds, and raisins. Then close the lid of the pan and let the rice get cooked for about 10 minutes on low flame. Open the lid and check if the water gets soaked and if the rice and other vegetables are cooked. If everything is perfect then our Chole Palak Pulao is ready to be served.
In this way, a tasty and mouth-watering dish is ready and served. The recipe just needs 30 minutes to cook. But you have to prepare all the things needed for this recipe such as the pulao powder, boiled chickpeas, soaked rice, and the spinach paste beforehand. So that it gets easier to prepare the recipe. Now take a plate of this Chole Palak Pulao with some raita and enjoy your lunch.
CHOLE PALAK PULAO
- 1 pressure cooker
- 1 grinder
- 1 pot
- 1 heavy based pan
FOR THE PULAO MASALA
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 1 mace
FOR THE SPINACH PASTE
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 slited green chili
- 1 cup spinach leaves chopped
- half cup water
FOR THE REST RECIPE
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup chickpeas soaked and boiled
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked in water for 15 minutes
- half cup onions chopped
- half cup beans chopped
- half cup green peas
- half cup carrots chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half cup coriander leaves chopped
- 5 cashews
- 5 almonds
- 5 raisins
PREPARE THE PULAO MASALA
- Take a heavy-based pan and heat it.
- Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, cardamom, mace, bay leaves, and all the other ingredients mentioned above for the pulao powder in the pan.
- Dry roast them on low flame for about 2 minutes or till an aroma starts coming out.
- Then take a grinder and put all the dry roasted ingredients in it.
- Grind them properly in a grinder and make powder of the dry roasted ingredients.
- Keep them aside.
PREPARE THE SPINACH PASTE
- Heat a pan and add some oil and heat it.
- Then add garlic and ginger and fry them well for 1 minute on low flame.
- Add the spinach leaves to the pan and saute them very nicely.
- Add some green chili also.
- Stir them for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Take a grinder and then put the sauteed spinach in it.
- Add half a cup of water and grind them to a smooth paste.
- Keep this paste aside.
THE FINAL PREPARATION
- Next, we will heat a pot and add ghee to it.
- Then we will add slices of onions, beans, green peas, and finely chopped carrots to the pot and saute them very nicely for about 2 minutes on low flame.
- Then we will add little salt and turmeric powder to the pan and stir them well.
- Add the pulao masala and the spinach paste to the pan and mix them very well.
- Add the soaked basmati rice to the pan and stir them well.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pot and mix them well
- Now add the boiled chickpeas to the pot and stir them nicely.
- Add the cashews, almonds, and raisins and also chopped coriander leaves on the top.
- Close the lid of the pot and let the rice get cooked for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- When all the ingredient is cooked and the water is soaked our recipe is ready.
- Add some more coriander leaves from the top and some pinch of black pepper powder.
- Our recipe is ready to serve.
- You can add as many vegetables of your choice to this recipe such as cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, and beetroot.
- You can also roast the nuts before adding them to the pulao but fresh nuts give a different flavor to the pulao recipe.