Chicken lollipop is an Indo-Chinese recipe popular among Indians. It is a fried chicken appetizer. In this recipe, chicken wings are coated with spices and deep-fried. The meat is cut at the skinny and pulled down to the other end and a lollipop is formed. This is a saucy, flavored, and delicious dish that can be enjoyed and loved by all. This recipe is perfect as a starter for any family gathering, party, or any other occasion. We can air fry or bake this recipe too. The main ingredient needed in this recipe is chicken and other little spices. Here is a simple and easy recipe for chicken lollipops that you can prepare at your home within an hour and enjoy with your family and friends. The taste is just similar to restaurants. You may think after trying this recipe that you are having a restaurant dish sitting at your home.
- 500 grams chicken drummettes
- oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- half cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 medium sized capsicum chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon spring onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon green chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- All we need is take a bowl and add the chicken to it.
- Next, add the yogurt to it and mix them very nicely. Cover the bowl with a lid and keep them for marination for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours take the marinated chicken and add ginger paste, garlic paste, salt as per taste, red chili powder, and garam masala powder one by one.
- Mix them very well so that the chicken gets coated with these spices.
- Now add the cornstarch and the rice flour to the bowl and coat the chicken very nicely.
- Now heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Add the marinated chicken coated with cornstarch one by one to the oil and fry them on medium flame till the color turns golden brown and crispy.
- Keep them aside and place them in kitchen tissue so that the excess oil gets absorbed.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan and add the garlic chopped to it.
- Stir them for 30 seconds.
- Now add the onions and capsicum. Stir fry them for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of salt, sugar, and vinegar. Stir Them for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the sauces and the fried chicken lollipops to the pan and mix them very well. Stir them for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the spring onions on the top for garnishing and switch off the flame.
- Our delicious chicken lollipop is ready to be served.
- Adding rice flour to the recipe gives an extra crunchy flavor to the chicken lollipop.
- Marinating the chicken with yogurt makes the chicken softened and keeps them juicy.
- You can just serve the fried chicken lollipops without the gravy with lots of salads.
- Â This recipe can be prepared by just adding the sauces and you can skip the onions and capsicum.
Strawberry Corn Salsa